Saturday, June 27, 2009

Union Station Brewery, Providence, Rhode Island



OK... here I go. This is the first review about wings (although I already eat the best wings ever but I did not have the camera to take pictures. Therefore I "need" to go back there and eat some more. :) )

I'm in Providence now and, despite the fact that the city is well known for the seafood, today I had wings :D. And the only reason is because we went to a restaurant -actually brewery -and they had wings. My resolution from now on will be to eat wings every time when I go to a bar , they have wings and I did not already review them.

Now let's start. I will try to make a metric for the score ( but I'm pretty sure I will end up change it...) but w.t.h.... I need to start from somewhere.

1 point: Types of wings they have: only one -Buffalo wings

3 points: Taste: I had the impression they were too spicy but I may be wrong since I did not eat Buffalo wings in a long time now
5 points: Size: The size of each wing was excellent. Not too big nor too small. 8 pieces which means too much for me but it's better to have too much than not enough.
5 points: Cooked: well done :D
*5 points: Price: a small serving is 6.99 which is a convenient price

What else? I cannot think of any other characteristics. Do you have any ideas ?
By now, the score is 19 / 25. Not bad. Not bad at all. You should try them if you're around.

The restaurant is at the Water Place in downtown Providence. Here you can check the place:

http://www.theprovidencelife.com/providence-restaurants/union-station-brewery.html

Soon I will add some pictures also but you need to have patience since I forgot my cable to download them in my computer :D

ooooo... wait. I almost forgot about the bear (ops... I meant beer. I can never forget "the bear" :D) ... hac ... :D ... I know that this is not a beer -review kind of blog but... you know... they come together.

I got the special which is the Firehouse Red beer. A combination of 5 "somethings" :D and 6.8% alcohol. And it isn't the strongest one. The Rocket had 9.8% alcohol.

Final conclusion: I liked them but I hope I will not need to eat more wings in Providence. Tomorrow I'll dig for a lobster ;)

Good night everyone. Sleep well and dream wings.

2 comments:

  1. Finally!
    Congratulations on your first review and for starting this blog. Now you need to go over all of the other wings you already had. When I'm back we will go eat the best wings! (assuming they are in Pittsburgh... or New York ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I know...it took me some time but my excuse is that I eat only one type of wings since you gave me this idea. And no, I'm not going back in time to write reviews. That will not be accurate :)

    ReplyDelete